Fibre Artist Nancy Wesley is always creating, a graphic designer by trade, her passion for the last decade has been felt-making. Her work shows her love of line and simple geometric shapes.
Nancy begins her process by hand dying wool roving then sculpting and manipulating it using a variety of felting techniques.
"The inspiration for my dye-pot is nature. The myriad shades and depth of each colour is what I attempt to mimic with the dying process, never aiming for a solid colour. My vision comes to life as I lay down tuffs of wool like brushstrokes of paint."
Nancy creates her fibre art and teaches workshops out of her studio in the Cowichan Valley, BC. Custom orders are welcome.
Follow her current work on the Nan.C Designs Facebook page.
Studio open by appointment to view current work and to purchase hand-dyed roving and felting tools.
2017 Fairs and Art Shows:
- March 4th: Refresh Market, Squamish
- March 2-12th: Victoria Art Council Art Show "Voices of Women through Canadian History", The Bay Centre
- March 17/18th: Fibres West, Surrey
- May 5-7th: Vancouver Island Fibre Festival, Campbell River
- May 28th: 100 Mile Fleece and Fibre Fair, Coombs
- June 24-25th: Art in the Garden, Nanoose Bay
- June 30-July 2nd: ANWG Weavers Conference, Victoria
- July 15th: Moss Street Paint In, Victoria
- August 4-7th: Filberg Festival, Comox
- August 20th: Fibrations, Victoria
- October 21st: Cowichan Fleece and Fibre Fair, Cobble Hill
- November 3-5th: Nanaimo Professional Craft Fair, Beban Park
- November 16-19th: Christmas Chaos, Duncan
- November 24-26th: Out of Hand, Victoria
- December 1-3rd: Touch of Saltspring, Sidney